A View from the Sidewalks

A group of sidewalk counselors that peacefully witness for life outside of abortion mills update this blog periodically to give like-minded believers specific prayer needs and encouraging stories of God's goodness.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

'Protesters' [Sidewalk Counselors] a help, not a hindrance: Article from the South Florida Sun Sentinel

Below is a letter in a newspaper about sidewalk counselors from the perspective of a woman who was once entering an abortion facility. It's a stark contrast to the opinions of sidewalk counselors held by the regular visitors/commenters at I'm Not Sorry, who characterize us as hair-pulling, screaming, threatening, name-calling zealots. Where I have never seen evidence to support their accusations, I always stumble across evidence to refute them. Below is an example.

Protesters' a help, not a hindrance

Natasha Murdock
West Palm Beach
Posted March 14 2006

U.S. District Judge Donald Middlebrooks will soon rule on an injunction against a buffer zone ordinance. Why? "Protesters" want to present their message outside a local abortion center.

Awhile ago, I came to Presidential Abortion Center with my boyfriend. We stopped at the driveway when we saw two individuals offering literature.

One spoke to my boyfriend regarding our needs and why we came.

The other showed me a sonogram of a young baby/fetus from a hand-held DVD player. My tears flowed as I saw and realized what was growing inside me.

My boyfriend and I decided against the abortion and I ultimately gave birth to a beautiful son.

These "protesters" did not state an opinion. They did not even tell me not to have an abortion or that abortion is wrong.

And when we changed our minds and decided to have the baby, they did not respond, "Good, our opinion was heard" and go on their way.

Rather, they helped provide for all of our material needs and more. They gave of themselves; their love, care, concern and time.

How can that be wrong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home