A View from the Sidewalks

A group of sidewalk counselors that peacefully witness for life outside of abortion mills update this blog periodically to give like-minded believers specific prayer needs and encouraging stories of God's goodness.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

DaWanna is OUT!

I got a call from DaWanna and she has chosen to leave the abortion clinic. She's decided to go to graduate school and make a clean break from Texas. I helped her do some packing on Saturday. I love her so much and I'm going to miss her.

Our prayers were for God to open a door for her where He would have her to go. I explained that God doesn't bless disobedience. So instead of expecting a nice new job or scholarship to lure her away from the clinic, God needed her to just say, "No. God hates this. I love God and I quit." That's what she did. She had no other jobs or idea how she was going to survive, she just said no.

Right after that doors flew open wide, and God gave her exceedingly abundantly above her dreams. When I went to help her pack, her mother was there. She said to me that DaWanna told her how we met (I on the sidewalk and she in the clinic), how she wanted DaWanna to leave, and that angels are in strange places sometimes. I thought that was a sweet thing to say.

I am filled with joy that she is no longer participating in the destruction of innocent life and that she is fufilling God's plan for her life. She's studying divinity and family ministry and will without a doubt do amazing things for God.

Thanks for your prayers for DaWanna.

That's one down...How many clinic workers to go? :)

-Jacqueline
Dallas, Texas

7 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Eddo said…

    That is AWESOME!

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Fredi said…

    Thanks, Eddo!

    I am so excited about it. I hope that can't find anyone to replace her.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Fredi said…

    Yeah God !!!!!!
    Best news I have heard in a while :-)

    blessings,
    Brother Galen
    http://pro.lifewithchrist.org

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Fredi said…

    Thanks, Brother Galen!!!

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Christina Dunigan said…

    Praise God, and continued prayers.

    Make sure she has contact in formation for the Society of Centurions in case she has lingering aftereffects from having participated in abortion.

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Christina Dunigan said…

    BTW, National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers is coming up on March 10. The observance was developed to give abortionists a pat on the back to convince them that they're helping women so they won't get demoralized and quit.

    Sounds like we've got folks with a heart for reaching clinic staff. Y'all might want to develop a strategy for others, events for Abortionists' Day, so that we can turn it into Day of Rescue for Abortion Providers!

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Fredi said…

    Christina,

    Thanks for the tip on the Society for Centurions. I never heard of that before and I will definitely pass it on.

    We see women on the sidewalk once for a few minutes, but we see clinic workers day in and day out. Our ministry is to them as well as to women. I think the Day of Rescue for Abortion Providers is a great idea. Organizing a campaign of witnessing to clinic workers outside the mills on that day could do a lot of good.

    Your blog is frequented by many pro-lifers. Want to start publicising this idea? March 10 is about a month away.

    -Jacque

     

Post a Comment

<< Home