A View from the Sidewalks

A group of sidewalk counselors that peacefully witness for life outside of abortion mills update this blog periodically to give like-minded believers specific prayer needs and encouraging stories of God's goodness.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Talked to Clinic Worker! She wants to leave. Pray for DJuana.

I was making my Thanksgiving plans with my family and needed to determine if I needed to be at the mill the following Saturday. So I called them. I got a clinic worker named DJuana. Here is my best memory of our conversation:

Jacque: Are you doing abortions Saturday the 26th?

DJuana: We're closed all that week until the 26th.


Jacque: But you are open that Saturday?

DJuana: How far along are you?

Jacque: Oh, I'm not pregnant. I come and pray outside your clinic on the days you kill babies.

DJuana: So you're a protestor.

Jacque: No, I'm a pray-er. I don't protest. I know you guys don't like me much. (*nervous laughter*)

DJuana: I don't dislike you. You pray for our patients?

Jacque: I pray for everyone.


DJuana: What do you pray? I'm not so sure I want someone praying for me if I don't know what they're praying.

Jacque: I pray for the patients and everyone that works there that they would stop killing babies and that the would come to know Jesus because He is the only way to be saved.

DJuana: I don't kill babies. I'm just doing my job.

Jacque: So you're not a medical person?

DJuana: No...

Jacque: My prayer for you is that you would find a job that doesn't involve killing babies at all.

DJuana: Do you have one?

Jacque: Are you serious? I can find you one. What would you like to do?

She then said that she couldn't talk about it right then. I asked for a phone number and she said you didn't have a reliable one, so I gave her mine. Pray that she calls me. Also pray that I find her a job and I can call her back with the good news. I'd like to find a job with one of my pro-life Christian network that is guarenteed so she can leave for good at also be ministered to regularly.

Pray for DJuana.

-Jacqueline
Dallas, Texas

2 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Fredi said…

    Thanks, Mr. Dufresne!

    I agree. I will do things that way.

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Fredi said…

    Hi Jacque, Yeah God! I will be praying for DJuana. Keep us updated.

    Brother Galen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home