A View from the Sidewalks

A group of sidewalk counselors that peacefully witness for life outside of abortion mills update this blog periodically to give like-minded believers specific prayer needs and encouraging stories of God's goodness.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

What is Sidewalk AfterCare?

Hello, Pro-Life Brethren!

Before I begin, let me tell you a little about me. I am not your typical sidewalk counselor. I actually do after-care only (after-care meaning that I have resources for women after they have had their abortions). I do this for several reasons. First of all, I do deeply care for unborn babies and there lives are important to me. Although the enemy does want to steal, kill and destroy, those unborn babies aren't his true prize. I beleive that the enemy is truly after those women, those clinic workers, and our complacency as a nation. See, what happens to a woman after she has an abortion, is that the enemy begins twisting the truth, lying to her, saying that what she has done is so bad that God can now longer love or forgive her. While what she did was indeed horrific, Jesus' blood covers all sins, offering us mercy and grace. But of course, Satan does not tell her that, but only reinforces the lies that she can not approach the throne of grace.

Then what happens? Well, she attempts to dull the pain by engaging in behviors that hurt her (anorexia, bullimia, drug abuse, alcoholism, promiscuity, suicide). Many of those activities lead to another pregnancy when the circumstances that drove her to the first abortion are not resolved, but compounded. So she aborts again, sometimes because she doesn't beleive she deserves to be a mother. Those women that due seek after care help normally seek it 7 to 10 years after the first abortion and 3 or more abortions later. By that time, more children have died and her life seek irreplarable.

What after-care does is it stops the enemy in his tracks. By telling women that God still loves them as much as he did before she got pregnant, before she had an abortion, before she herself was even born, the enemy's ability to lie to them dwindles. One time I was praying outside an abortion mill, and one patient's boyfriend had to carry her to the car because she was so weak. My friend Jackie, an older Catholic lady (just FULL of love) went to her to talk. The girl looked at her and said, "What have I done?"

Jackie said, "You need to pray. You need to tell God you're sorry and that you'll never do this again, and you need to pray."

The girl said, "I will. I'll pray everyday."

The enemy wanted to tell that girl that she could never approach God. The enemy wanted to destroy her, but Jackie's few words made so much difference.

I hand out special bibles and gospel tracts for those that do not wish to talk along with a pamphlet that has my phone number. The information inside leads them to healing resources that will share the gospel as well. I pray for their salvations or convictions, every one, and that they would never abort another child again.

So, this is preventative sidewalk counseling. :) With 47% of abortions being repeat abortions, leading a post-abortive woman to the cross seems the way to save babies in the future. Regardless, Jesus LOVES those women so much and wants desperately to save them. Saving women saves babies and thwarts the enemy. That's why I do what I do.

We rightly seek to save babies from horrible, unnecessary deaths, but my presence also tells those women that it's not just there children I care for but them as well. It's not just the innocent unborn babies Jesus cares for, either. Pray for the salvations of post-abortive women and for mercy on our nation, in Jesus name.


-Jacqueline
Dallas, Texas

4 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Admin said…

    Thank you for being a witness to these women. They need our prayers and our help, and to me, what you're doing is far more honorable than running for Congress.

    May God bless you and other pro-life saints!

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Fredi said…

    Thank you, Mr. Dauben.

    If there was a Sidewalk Counselor endorsement, you would get it!

    -Jacque

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Jan said…

    Wow...what an amazing and rewarding job you have! I will pray with you for this cause. Women's Ministries is close to my heart. I've been involved with many hurting women in our church. I have taken a break from doing it to focus on homeschooling my children. I long to return to it.
    May you see rich returns in your life for what you are doing and may God give you the strength to continue what you're doing.

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Fredi said…

    Thank you, Jan!

    You encouraging words mean alot!

    Visit often!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home