A View from the Sidewalks

A group of sidewalk counselors that peacefully witness for life outside of abortion mills update this blog periodically to give like-minded believers specific prayer needs and encouraging stories of God's goodness.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Mission to Abortion Center Workers

As soon as the girl got out of the truck she started yelling, "you had better... police....arrest!" I couldn't quite make out what she was saying, but I gathered it wasn't good. "I'm sorry, sister, I can't quite hear you." She came closer. She was an abortion center worker. The first one to arrive, in fact, for the day. She would open the killing center. She said, "you had better not block the driveway, like those people were doing yesterday, or I'm going to call the police! I will have you arrested!" I answered, "Sister, I promise you, not only will I not block the driveway, but I will personally guarantee that no one else will block the driveway today." She seemed a little confused. She continued, "Well, you just need to know... everytime you people make trouble, I get yelled at." I replied, "I'm sorry to hear that . . . honestly. My name is Michael. What's your name?" She introduced herself and seemed still more confused and rather caught off-guard. I went on to let her know that we were there at the abortion center to help her as well - we would even help her to find a job if she was interested in changing her life. "You do that?" She seemed genuinely surprised and pleased. The transformation was amazing - one moment she was threatening me with arrest, the next she was inquiring about a new job. "Yes, of course," I said, "One of my best friends used to work for Planned Parenthood. She actually assisted in abortions - before she became a Christian, that is. Are you a Christian?" She nodded in the affirmative. "Then you know you're not supposed to have any part in this business, don't you?" Once again she nodded. I continued, "Tell you what, bring me your resume, and I will do everything I can to help you find a way out of this place. What are your salary requirements?" She replied quickly, "$15 an hour." "I will do my best," I said. But then I added, "Just remember, you may have to do something really scary - to step out in faith and trust God." She nodded again in the affirmative, unaware that by the end of that day I had talked to three other abortion center workers, all claiming to be Christians, and all asking for help to find a new job. These are my sisters and they need to be rescued as much as, perhaps more, than the babies they help to kill. Will you pray for them?

Michael
Rockwall, TX

3 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Christina Dunigan said…

    Hugs and prayers! Keep us posted!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Jay McHue said…

    That's awesome! God bless you, your work, all the abortion workers you redeem and all the unborn lives you save!

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger JacqueFromTexas said…

    Bear's Little Boo-

    Do you believe that women who have already had an abortion... those who truly regret it... do you believe they are damned to Hell?

    I believe that women need to meet Jesus Christ and accept His mercy and forgiveness. I know they can and will be forgiven if they approach Christ for forgiveness. If you'd like to talk more, I'm jacquefromtexas@yahoo.com.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home